Position: International Program Assistant
- Kampala, Uganda (some work in Vancouver, BC)
- Initial 3 month contract beginning September 15th
- Opportunity for upward mobility after initial contract, transitioning into Program Coordinator position
- This is an unpaid internship – a monthly stipend, and all expenses (return airfare, accommodation etc.) will be paid for
- Ideal for a recent graduate, or someone looking for an entry level position
Application Deadline: August 15th, 2017
Insight Global Education is a Vancouver-based social enterprise that designs and facilitates unique educational programming for North American secondary and post-secondary students. We currently run programs in Uganda, Ecuador, Costa Rica and Fiji. Our programs aim to help students better understand what it means to live, work and study in a developing country. We are not proponents of voluntourism, rather we believe in the transformative experiences of learning by observing, engaging and doing.
Presently, Insight is expanding its international programming. For that purpose, we are looking to hire and train a new team member, a Program Assistant, who possesses the right skills, experiences, and characteristics to transition into our leadership teams. We seek a highly motivated individual who is passionate about international development, education and travel. The Program Assistant will contribute to the growth of the Semester in Development program, specifically in Kampala, and will work directly with the in-country team and VP Operations, learning how to effectively plan and deliver our programming. It is our intention to find the right candidate, who can excel in this position, transitioning to become a salaried Program Coordinator in 2018.
International Program Assisstant – Full Job Posting