Position: International Program Assistant
- Kampala, Uganda (some preliminary work online in Canada)
- Initial 3-month contract beginning January 20, 2018
- This is an unpaid internship – a monthly stipend, and all expenses (return airfare, accommodation etc.) will be paid for
- Ideal for a recent graduate, or someone looking for an entry level position
- Opportunity for upward mobility after initial contract, transitioning into Program Coordinator position
Application Deadline: January 2, 2018
Insight Global Education is a Vancouver-based social enterprise that designs and facilitates unique educational programming for North American secondary and post-secondary students. We currently run programs in Uganda, Ecuador, Costa Rica and Fiji. Our programs aim to help students better understand what it means to live, work and study in a developing country. We are not proponents of voluntourism, rather we believe in the transformative experiences of learning by observing, engaging and doing.
We are looking to hire a new team member, a Program Assistant, who possesses the right skills, experiences, and characteristics to transition into our leadership roles. We seek a highly motivated individual who is passionate about international development, education and travel. The Program Assistant will contribute to the growth of the Semester in Development program, specifically in Kampala, and will work directly with the in-country team and VP Operations, learning how to effectively plan and deliver our Uganda-based program. It is our intention to find the right candidate, who can excel in this position, and transition to become a salaried Program Coordinator in later 2018.
Click Here for Full Job Posting