Partake in a 12-week long internship and gain international work experience with an organization based within your field of interest. Students will be spending 5 days a week working at their respective internships, with weekends off to explore Thailand.
We currently work with partner organizations that span a wide range of sectors, including:
- Education and Child Protection
- Human Rights and Refugee Issues
- Gender and Economic Empowerment
- Social Entrepreneurship and Impact Driven Business
We’re constantly adding new partners, so if you seek a specific kind of internship, please feel free to let us know when you apply.
Not sure where you want to intern? Not to worry; after you’ve been accepted into the program, our team of program coordinator swill work with you one-on-one to determine a good fit.
The academic component of our Thailand program program is structured around language. As a participant in our Thailand program, you will receive small group instruction from a locally run language institute, providing introductory training on the Thai language. Classes will work in-conjunction with your internship schedule, providing up to 40 hours of language instruction.
*The language component of the program makes our Thailand experience one of our most unique offerings, as it’s the only program with an academic component based in language.
The Cultural Immersion
Two unique weekend experiences are included in this program, delivered and lead by our Insight in-country team:
(1) Weekend in Pai – With lush rain forest, rolling hills, and breathtaking waterfalls, Pai is quintessential northern Thailand. The weekend in Pai experience include round trip bus transit from Chiang Mai, accommodation, and breakfasts.
(2) Explore Bangkok – The capital, the city that never sleeps, the Bangkok. No experience in Thailand is complete without at least a stopover in Bangkok, and our experience lead by our team ensures you have that opportunity. This experience includes round trip flights (from Chiang Mai), accommodation, breakfasts, and a city walking tour.
(3) Cultural Experiences in Chiang Mai – Throughout the program, we’ll organize cultural experiences in the city, from cooking classes to cultural tours, this will be an opportunity to dive deeper into what makes Thailand tick.