WHY COSTA RICA
Costa Rica, meaning 'rich coast', is famous for expansive protected regions and welcoming local communities. This makes it the perfect environment for your class' adventure.
Costa Rica is a lush country with extraordinary biodiversity. Students on this program will have the opportunity to explore some of the unique ecosystems found in protected forests, beaches, volcanos and river systems. By learning about the value of biodiversity, students will also meet with local change-makers who are ensuring the protection of this region.
A world leader in conservation, Costa Rica has over 25% of its land as protected national parks. Students will learn about how the country has been able to grow its economy while continuing to protect the environment and wildlife. This program will dive into questions about environmental protection and justice around the world.
Popular Themes in Costa Rica
- Indigenous Cultures and Communities
- Biodiversity and the Environment
- Climate Change
- Ecotourism and Adventure
- Geology and Earth Sciences
- Animal Conservation and Protection
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Rainforest and Habitat Conservation
- Art, Music, and Architecture
- Culinary Arts and Food
- Physical Education and Fitness
We make it simple. No hidden fees or itinerary exclusions.
|12 - 15 Students||16 - 20 Students||21 - 24 Students|
|$3250 USD*||$3050 USD*||$2850 USD*|
* Prices are estimated per student for a 9 day program.
Our Prices include:
- Roundtrip airfare
- All accommodations
- All meals and water
- All program activities and experiences
- All teacher chaperone costs at an 8:1 ratio
- Comprehensive travel insurance (medical, travel and cancellation)
- Curriculum units to accompany program themes
- Global and locally-based facilitators
- Pre-program orientations and post-program debriefing
At Insight, our program itineraries are as unique as your students.
All our program itineraries are customized with teacher chaperones to ensure that it meets the needs of your students.
With the support of a variety of local vendors and NGO’s, we promise that your students will get an authentic, local experience.
How It Works
Want to take your students outside the classroom? Review our program locations and suggested themes.
Connect with one of our High School Educators who will help custom design your program.
With our assistance, submit required paperwork and details to your Administration and School Board.
Announce the trip to your students! (We’ll provide all the materials you need).
Invite us to your school to host a Student & Parent Info Night! We will be there to answer questions and support student sign-up!
San Jose (Days 1-2)
- Arrive at San Jose International Airport
- Enjoy guided tours through the heart of the city along the Central Boulevard and Parque Nacional where students will learn about the country's rich history
- Explore San Jose Central Market and pick up a few handicrafts made from local artisans
- Visit the National Museum and/or the Pre-Columbian Gold Exhibit to learn more about the countries unique culture before and after colonization
Cartago City (Day 3)
- Cartago is an important city full of history and tradition. Students will explore the ruins of an unfinished church, visit pilgrimage sites and learn about the importance of religion for Costa Ricans.
- Tour and participate in harvesting at a local Organic Vegetable Farm. Students will enjoy a true farm-to-table lunch or dinner experience.
Puerto Viejo (Day 4-5)
- Hike through Cahuita National Park
- Visit the Tree of Life Sloth Rescue Centre and Jaguar Animal Rescue Centre to learn about animal protection and habitat restoration efforts
- Learn how to make chocolate from cacao with guidance from the traditional Bri Bri Indigenous community
- Experience the hospitality of the Caribbean, where Tico cultures mix with island neighbours
Pacuare River (Day 6-7)
- Hike up to the waterfalls and along the river and enjoy the beauty of this protected water system
- Tour the “Mariposas del Pacuare” Butterfly sanctuary and protected growth forests
- Join a local school to participate in restoration efforts at the tree nursery and learn about measuring your carbon footprint.
San Jose (Day 8-9)
- Return to San Jose along the only national highway in South America that cuts through a National Park
- Final day Celebration dinner at the hotel
- Depart from San Jose International Airport
Ready to Plan
To begin planning your next program, Get In Touch!
Fill out this form or call 1.604.360.5284 and our team of educators will get back to you as soon as we can to help you get started.
Our team of educators and global issues experts will sit down with you to discuss all that we have to offer and how we can create the right experience for your students. We work with you to ensure that your experience will be rewarding and hassle-free. We provide support every step of the way, from applying to your school administration to marketing to your student body.