WHY EAST AFRICA
Engage East-Africa is one of our most unique and inspiring opportunities for students looking to develop a deep understanding of global development issues.
A Unique Learning Experience
Students participating in the program will have the opportunity to meet local change makers, discuss complex and challenging issues, volunteer on meaningful projects and observe untouched habitats.
Develop International Perspectives
This program is intended to challenge existing assumptions about 'Africa' and develop new perspectives on global issues, all while exploring two of the world's most diverse nations.
Popular Themes in East Africa
- Sustainability & Climate Change
- Resource Management & Conflict
- Equality, Gender & Inclusivity
- Food Security
- Humanitarian & Foreign Aid
- Social Enterprise & Micro-Business
- Conflict, Peace & Reconciliation
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Ecotourism & Adventure
We make it simple. No hidden fees or itinerary exclusions.
|12 - 15 Students||16 - 20 Students||21 - 24 Students|
|$3950 USD*||$3800 USD*||$3650 USD*|
* Prices are estimated per student for a 11 day program.
Our Prices include:
- Roundtrip airfare
- All accommodations
- All meals and water
- All program activities and experiences
- All teacher chaperone costs at an 8:1 ratio
- Comprehensive travel insurance (medical, travel and cancellation)
- Curriculum units to accompany program themes
- Global and locally-based facilitators
- Pre-program orientations and post-program debriefing
At Insight, our program itineraries are as unique as your students.
All our program itineraries are customized with teacher chaperones to ensure that it meets the needs of your students.
With the support of a variety of local vendors and NGO’s, we promise that your students will get an authentic, local experience.
How It Works
Want to take your students outside the classroom? Review our program locations and suggested themes.
Connect with one of our High School Educators who will help custom design your program.
With our assistance, submit required paperwork and details to your Administration and School Board.
Announce the trip to your students! (We’ll provide all the materials you need).
Invite us to your school to host a Student & Parent Info Night! We will be there to answer questions and support student sign-up!
Kampala and Masaka (Days 1-4)
- Arrive in Entebbe International Airport, about 1 hour outside of Kampala
- Experience Kampala’s vibrant cultures in a walking tour through the Old City and Markets with experienced local guides
- Participate in an immersive, hands-on experience with the Social Innovation Academy and Sawa World, two grassroots organizations which work to support the development of social enterprise in Kampala.
- Learn about gender equality and education while working hands-on with our partner community in Tekera Village
Queen Elizabeth Park (Days 5-8)
- Experience a 2-night safari to see some of the wildlife that is native to this region and learn about how this area and this unique creatures are being protected
- Explore and relax by the beauty of Lake Bunyonyi, one of the world’s largest crater lakes
Kigali (Days 9-11)
- Visit the Rwandan Genocide Memorial Museum and hear stories from survivors to learn about the impact of the conflict and how the country is moving forward
- Experience Kigali’s growing social entrepreneurship scene with Akilah Institute
- Depart from Kigali International Airport
Ready to Plan
To begin planning your next program, Get In Touch!
Fill out this form or call 1.604.360.5284 and our team of educators will get back to you as soon as we can to help you get started.
Our team of educators and global issues experts will sit down with you to discuss all that we have to offer and how we can create the right experience for your students. We work with you to ensure that your experience will be rewarding and hassle-free. We provide support every step of the way, from applying to your school administration to marketing to your student body.