The Engage Fiji program is designed to take students to the nation that is leading the Pacific with ambitious social environmental initiatives to support the Sustainable Development Goals. Students will meet with change makers in the region that are taking action to protect our precious planet and make it a better place for all.
Students participating in Engage Fiji will have the opportunities to meet change makers, discuss complex and challenging issues, volunteer on meaningful projects and observe untouched habitats, all while learning from community members.
Unpacking Sustainable Development
As the largest of the South Pacific Small Island States, Fiji has taken on the regional responsibility to spearhead initiatives combating climate change, sea-level rise, forced migration, and increasing food insecurities. Students will explore some of the inspiring work that is being done in the region with visits to our NGO partners.
Popular Program Themes in Fiji
- Sustainable Development
- Climate Change & Rising Sea Levels
- Indigenous History & Culture
- Social Enterprise & Micro-business
- Biodiversity, Geology, & Earth Sciences
- Animal Conservation & Protection
- Agriculture & Food Security
- Physical Education & Outdoor Leadership
- Ecotourism & Adventure
We make it simple. No hidden fees or itinerary exclusions.
|12 - 15 Students||16 - 20 Students||21 - 24 Students|
|$4150 USD*||$4000 USD*||$3850 USD*|
* Prices are estimated per student for a 11 day program.
Our Prices include:
- Roundtrip airfare
- All accommodations
- All meals and water
- All program activities and experiences
- All teacher chaperone costs at an 8:1 ratio
- Comprehensive travel insurance (medical, travel and cancellation)
- Curriculum units to accompany program themes
- Global and locally-based facilitators
- Pre-program orientations and post-program debriefing
At Insight, our program itineraries are as unique as your students.
All our program itineraries are customized with teacher chaperones to ensure that it meets the needs of your students.
With the support of a variety of local vendors and NGO’s, we promise that your students will get an authentic, local experience.
How It Works
Want to take your students outside the classroom? Review our program locations and suggested themes.
Connect with one of our High School Educators who will help custom design your program.
With our assistance, submit required paperwork and details to your Administration and School Board.
Announce the trip to your students! (We’ll provide all the materials you need).
Invite us to your school to host a Student & Parent Info Night! We will be there to answer questions and support student sign-up!
Nadi (Days 1-2)
- Arrive at Nadi International Airport
- Tour of Nadi Town including visits to important trading hubs and a local Hindu temple
- Hike through the forests and experience traditional cooking at Aviva Farms
Talanoa and Kula Eco-Park (Days 3-4)
- Explore remote Indigenous communities in the highlands stopping in communities in RakiRaki province
- Stay in a traditional ‘bure’, hike with local guides, and learn about traditional ways of life
Suva (Days 5-8)
- Tour the capital of Fiji, Suva with time to explore Thurston Gardens, the National Museum, central markets and more
- Visit the Embassy of Tuvalu and learn how Fiji is working with climate refugees from smaller South Pacific Islands
- Head over to the University of the South Pacific and engage with experts in sustainability
- Take in a rugby game at the national stadium
Pacific Harbour and the Coral Coast (Day 9-11)
- Experience Fijian hospitality in sustainable lodges on the coast and enjoy the beauty of Fiji’s calming beaches
- Volunteer and work hands-on in coastline restoration efforts at Nature Fiji’s palm planting projects
Ready to plan
To begin planning your next program, Get In Touch!
Fill out this form or call 1.604.360.5284 and our team of educators will get back to you as soon as we can to help you get started.
Our team of educators and global issues experts will sit down with you to discuss all that we have to offer and how we can create the right experience for your students. We work with you to ensure that your experience will be rewarding and hassle-free. We provide support every step of the way, from applying to your school administration to marketing to your student body.