Globalize Your Classroom
Everything that we do, at home or abroad, is based on experiential pedagogy. We aim to foster critical thinking because we believe that before you can change the world, you need to understand it’s complexities.
We run interactive, game-based workshops tackling a variety of global issues to classrooms across Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and Eastern-Ontario. All our programs are led by trained facilitators who have expertise in International Development.
Want to offer unique global learning to a larger group?
We work with the school team to organize all workshops, arrange inspiring keynote speakers, and connect students with change makers in their own community through interactive site tours.
At Insight, we believe in the power of Global Citizenship. This is why we have created a unique 17 lesson curricular resources for educators based on the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
From years of experience operating programs in the field, we have learned that students enjoy hands-on experiential learning. Each lesson in this package will help teachers to gamify learning outcomes and facilitate authentic student engagement.
If you are an educator who is looking to teach students through a global, socially conscious lens, this engaging lesson series was created for you. Each lessons use experiential, empathy, and inquiry-based learning models to promote critical thinking and informed action in your classroom.
Download your FREE sample below which includes unit guidelines, lesson plans, and handouts.
- This is just our curriculum sample, we have 5 full units available for download.
- All 5 units mirror our philosophy of "learning before doing", by combining comprehension and reflection, with a simulation based component that promotes a call to action
- Each unit introduces, and builds off of one of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (also known as the Global Goals)
- All lessons foster 21st century skills, such as collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and communication
- All units and lessons are tied to provincial curriculum standards in Ontario and British Columbia
Want to learn more?
To begin planning your next program, Get In Touch!
Fill out this form or call 1.604.360.5284 and our team of educators will get back to you as soon as we can to help you get started.
Our team of educators and global issues experts will sit down with you to discuss all that we have to offer and how we can create the right experience for your students. We work with you to ensure that your experience will be rewarding and hassle-free. We provide support every step of the way, from applying to your school administration to marketing to your student body.