WHY TAKE FOUNDATIONS 101
Foundations 101 takes you to the Historic and Cultural Heart of Canada. Taking you through Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia, we will begin to unpack History, Ethics and Activism in a Canadian context.
Explore like never Before
From Toronto's lively city to the quiet coast of Cape Breton, Canada’s East Coast is packed with new experiences to discover. The East Coast program begins and ends its journey in Toronto while seeing the best that Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia has to offer.
Bring History to Life
On this road trip experience, we will unpack history, ethics, and activism by exploring unique historic monuments and learning from local experts and guest speakers. Students will gain valuable knowledge of Canadian history by diving deep into cultural experiences at every stop along the way.
Program Outcomes & Certifications
- Explore Canada’s most influential cities, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal
- Uncover new perspectives on Canadian history learned first hand by Canadian historic experts in various provinces
- Strengthen your commitment to social justice while learning from local leaders about ethics and activism in Canada
- SDG Academy’s ‘Globalization: Past and Present’ course
- Participate in Insight’s Allyship Workshop that explores ethics, activism, social justice, race, gender, sexuality, class and age
- Brush up on your French in a two-day immersive language program in Quebec City
Who is this program for?
• INDIVIDUALS LOOKING TO EXPLORE THEIR PASSIONS AND DEVELOP LIFE SKILLS OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM •
• Students who have decided to take a gap semester this fall •
• Recent high school graduates looking for an exciting adventure opportunity •
How It Works
You're already doing it!
Take a look through our program pages on our website to find the program that's right for you.
Book a call with one of our amazing program advisors. They will be able to give you more information and answer any questions you may have.
Complete your application and return it to your advisor. We will be in touch in 3-5 business days to let you know if you have been accepted to our program.
Pay your expedition deposit and pack your bags! (Don’t worry, we’ll give you a recommended packing list).
Arrive in Toronto to meet your fellow travellers. We will pick you up at the airport and take you to join our Welcome event!
- 24/7 support from our team of facilitators and bus driver
- All accommodations for 30 days (hotels, hostels, campgrounds)
- All transportation in a private bus
- All program activities and experiences listed in the schedule
- Breakfast each morning (and some additional group meals)
- Insight Global Education & SDG Academy Certificates
Ready for your
To Learn more about our Foundations 101 program, Get in Touch!
Fill out this form or call 1.604.360.5284 and our team of student advisors will be happy to help.
Our team of advisors will sit down with you to discuss all that we have to offer and learn a little bit about you so we can help you to achieve your future goals. We work with students and their parents to ensure that this experience is rewarding and hassle-free.