The Yukon, famous for the Klondike Gold Rush and its' rich Indigenous cultures, provides unique new perspectives for looking at Canadian culture, history, and
New Understandings of Canadian Culture
The Yukon has been inhabited for centuries, holding some of the earliest evidence of the presence of humans in North America. Today, many First Nations groups are striving to keep this rich history and culture to be preserved. Students in this program are extended a warm welcome as they learn from local leaders of First Nations communities.
The earth’s climate has always changed over time, but the current scale and rate of change has never been seen before in earth history. On this program, students will see first-hand how the landscape has changed due to melting glaciers and permafrost.
Popular Program Themes
- Sustainability & Climate Change
- Indigenous Cultures & Communities
- Biodiversity & the Environment
- Geology & Earth Sciences
- Animal Conservation & Protection
- Art, Music, & Architecture
- Agriculture & Food Security
- Physical Education & Outdoor Leadership
- Ecotourism & Adventure
We make it simple. No hidden fees or itinerary exclusions.
|12 - 15 Students||16 - 20 Students||21 - 24 Students|
|$3350 USD*||$3200 USD*||$3050 USD*|
* Prices are estimated per student for a 9 day program.
Our Prices include:
- Roundtrip airfare
- All accommodations
- All meals and water
- All program activities and experiences
- All teacher chaperone costs at an 8:1 ratio
- Comprehensive travel insurance (medical, travel and cancellation)
- Curriculum units to accompany program themes
- Global and locally-based facilitators
- Pre-program orientations and post-program debriefing
At Insight, our program itineraries are as unique as your students.
All our program itineraries are customized with teacher chaperones to ensure that it meets the needs of your students.
With the support of a variety of local vendors and NGO’s, we promise that your students will get an authentic, local experience.
How It Works
Want to take your students outside the classroom? Review our program locations and suggested themes.
Connect with one of our High School Educators who will help custom design your program.
With our assistance, submit required paperwork and details to your Administration and School Board.
Announce the trip to your students! (We’ll provide all the materials you need).
Invite us to your school to host a Student & Parent Info Night! We will be there to answer questions and support student sign-up!
White Horse (Days 1-2)
- Take a tour of the provincial capital while learning about the main industries in the region
- Explore native flora on a nature hike with the Yukon Conservation Society
- Learn about native culture and languages with Master Carver Keith Wolfe Smarch
- Explore the outdoors via dogsled (winter only) or hike along the Millennium Trail
- Participate in glassblowing while learning about the ways arts are celebrated in the north.
Carcross and Kluane National park (Days 3-4)
- Participate in cultural activities and experience traditional cuisine at the Long Ago People’s Place
- Hike in the National Park, home to Canada’s tallest mountain and witness climate change firsthand as we explore the Kaskawulsh Glacier
Tombstone Territorial Park(Days 5-6)
- Explore Tombstone Territorial Park, learning from community elders
- Practice outdoor leadership skills while overnight camping (This is optional and only available in spring and summer months)
Dawson City (Days 7-8)
- Learn about the Klondike Gold Rush and its lasting impact on Canadian History
- Hike to the Top of the Dome for a view of the entire city.
- Departure flight from Dawson City Airport
Ready to plan
To begin planning your next program, Get In Touch!
Fill out this form or call 1.604.360.5284 and our team of educators will get back to you as soon as we can to help you get started.
Our team of educators and global issues experts will sit down with you to discuss all that we have to offer and how we can create the right experience for your students. We work with you to ensure that your experience will be rewarding and hassle-free. We provide support every step of the way, from applying to your school administration to marketing to your student body.